Is a search to represent in a world full of delusional representations, from politics of candidates for President that seem more like a photo session for Paris Hilton than the representatives we need, bur also the images of cyphers of disappeared persons: a detailed audiovisual tale about how the bodies of three filmmaking students disappeared, citizen mobilizations or the taking of the Niños Héroes (Boy Heroes, a Mexican historical myth) roundabout in Guadalajara, to produce an anti monument that shouts us a phrase: crisis in representation.
Producing a representation implies breaking representation itself in order to let the hilarious, the grotesque and the ironic tear apart the image. In this attempt, copies, divergencies, covers and versions appear.
- Original idea and Artistic direction: Olga Gutiérrez
- Performers: Olga Gutiérrez y Kenji Kishi
- Dramaturgical advice: Adrián Nuche
- Sound design: Kenji Kishi
- Scenic space, Projections and Lighting: Selene González
- Collection of images: Selene González y Olga Gutiérrez
- Texts: Olga Gutiérrez
- Executive production: Nidia Beltrán
- Promotion and publicity: Dolores Garnica
- General production and Management design: Olga Gutiérrez
- Production: Laboratorio puntoD
- Co-production: National Dance Coordination of the National Institute of, Agite y Sirva International Festival, Four X Four International Festival, EINCE International Festival, Theorem Study and LARVA Art and Variety Laboratory.
This work was created in residence in Theorem Study and LARVA Art and Variety Laboratory.
- LARVA Art and Variety Laboratory. (GDL, México)
- 10th edition Agite y Sirva International Festival (CDMX, México)
- 10th edition Four X Four International Festival (Chiapas, México)